Caprese Salad

Saturday, June 9, 2012

My favorite salad is caprese, made with tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella.  The first time I had it was at Emeril's in Orlando.  I know, a bit commercial and trendy.  However, we were stupid enough to not have reservations, but were able to slide onto bar stools and delight in the food anyways.  Yum. 

Next to BLTs and tomato sandwiches, the salad is my favorite way to use tomatoes in the summer.  I used the lettuce and tomatoes from the farm box, and cheese and basil from Whole Paycheck (Foods).  I usually don't use lettuce, but I had it in the box and it seemed like a good use.  We topped our salads with balsamic and olive oil, and I also added salt and pepper to mine.  Lil enjoyed her mozzarella. Our plan was to have this for dinner, but we might be doing something else tonight so we went ahead and had it for lunch.

Also, I guess it's normally served with the ingredients sliced and layered.  When you're shoveling food into your mouth and making sure a baby has food on her tray, speed is the order of the day, so I chopped everything as I made the salad so we didn't have to cut it as we ate it at the table. Less refined, but so is little Hoover (AKA Lillian) inhaling everything within sight.


Naked

Dressed

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Notes, News, and Reviews Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino